BUSINESS ACROSS CULTURES
Basis for successful international communication.
- Cultural concepts - perception and understanding
- Pitfalls in your own perception and dealing with prejudice
- Culture shock - from resistance to adjustment
- Dealing with cultural rules
- Resolving misunderstandings and conflicts
- Levels of intercultural expertise
Develop a truly pleasant and amenable communication style that leads to positive results for you and your company.
- Communication within a team
- Actively listening, understanding and responding
- The four parts of a message
- Efficient and respectful communication
HOW TO GIVE AND RECEIVE FEEDBACK
Techniques for respectful communication.
- Self-perception and how others perceive you: the Johari Window
- Analyzing your effect on others
- Five approaches to respectful communication
- The feedback burger
- Checklists: giving and receiving feedback
FACILITATING INTERACTIVE MEETINGS
Conduct work meetings in a structured manner.
- The role of the moderator: neutral or persuasive?
- Moderation exercise: developing rules for a meeting
- Acting as the moderator to guide the course of the discussion
- Workshop techniques and visualization tools for moderation and evaluation
HOW TO RESOLVE CONFLICTS
Effective strategies for de-escalation and solution-oriented understanding.
- Self-analysis: my behavior in conflict situations
- Types, causes and manifestations of conflict
- Coming up with win-win solutions
- Effective tools for preventing and resolving conflict
Break through established patterns to see things from a different perspective.
- How creativity comes about and how to promote it
- The creative problem-solving process
- Analytical & intuitive methods
MY PERSONAL RESILIENCE @WORK
Best-practice strategies for greater resilience at work.
- R.E.S.O.U.R.C.E. resiliency wheel
- Self-assessment of situation-based resilience
- Interactive stimulus workshop
- Best-practice strategies and action plan for implementation
DEALING WITH CHANGE
Personal strategies for improving your own attitude towards change
- Current changes at my place of work
- The reasons behind changes
- Factors critical to the success or failure of change processes
- Strategies for adaptation to change
WORKING IN VIRTUAL TEAMS
Advantages and risks of virtual cooperation.
- Attributes of and opportunities offered by virtual teams
- Rules of virtual communication
- Optimizing organizational structures and processes
- Virtual strategies of motivation, control, performance evaluation and of guaranteeing results